Environmental Humanities: Ecocriticism and Cultural Decolonialization
Environmental humanities in general, and ecocriticism in particular, is a critical framework (activist and academic) that is transdisciplinary and globally emerging, and in recent decades has radically transformed literary and cultural studies (along with other disciplines in the humanities like history and philosophy). However, its critical presence is still somewhat marginalized in philology, literature, and culture departments in the majority of universities the world over. Further, the most relevant journals and publications on environmental humanities are almost always written in English (in the context of an academy that is dominantly Anglo-Saxon). The goal of this monograph is for the debates surrounding environmental humanities, so important for confronting the socio-ecological challenges of the 21st century, arrive to (and are coproduced by) cultural intellectuals and activists that operate in academic contexts and diverse epistemologies. Thus, the objective is for environmental humanities and ecocriticism to constitute an essential part of any university curriculum and cultural research agenda, from philology to cultural studies, and literary theory to comparative literature, thereby contributing to the decolonialization of the dominant imaginary (anthropocentric, production-based, patriarchal, colonial, racist, utilitarian, reductionist) and of an economic culture based on a biophysical impossibility: the constant growth of the economy within the framework of an infinite biosphere. [+]
On July 31, 2018, we open the CFP for the twenty-first issue of 452ºF. Revista de Teoría de la Literatura y Literatura Comparada, to be published on July 31, 2019.This call for papers is open to anyone wishing to participate and who is in possession of at least a Bachelor’s level degree.
The following criteria regulate the reception and publication of all works in line with the peer review system, the style sheet and the legal notice, which may be accessed in the Procedures section of the website (www.452f.com).
Deadline for submissions is January 31, 2019. Any articles received after this date will not be considered for this issue.
- To be considered for the peer review process, articles must follow the rules described in the Author Guidelines:
- The number of articles included in the twenty-first issue will range from 8 to 12. Articles will be divided according to the field of interest in the corresponding section of the journal (monographic or Miscellanea).
- The monographic section will be restricted to 4 to 8 articles and, in the twenty-first issue will bring together a body of texts dealing with the topic “Environmental Humanities: Ecocriticism and Cultural Decolonialization” A non-exhaustive list of topics includes:
- All other articles will be considered for the Miscellanea section. The theme and approach are open, within the boundaries of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature.
- For online submissions and editorial guidelines, please follow the instructions at: http://revistes.ub.edu/index.php/452f/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions
Call for reviews
452°F is also accepting reviews to be published in a section of the journal devoted to newly published books.
-Reviews must be original and unpublished.
-Books reviewed should cover issues relating to Literary Theory, Literary Criticism and/or Comparative Literature.
-Books reviewed must have a publication date between the present year and two years prior. We will also consider reviews of significant new editions or first translations related to the field of study as long as the publication dates meet the criteria established above.
-Format, notes, quotations and references should follow the criteria of the journal's Author Guidelines.
-Reviews should include a title, the citation of the book and the number of pages, and will not contain an abstract or keywords.
-Reviews must not exceed 1500 words.
-Please send your proposals to
Barcelona, July 31, 2018
Editorial Board 452ºF
chfyavbh88y FilmOneTorrents http://filmonetorrent.blogspot.com/4cd3